Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2_igoogle PLE

This blog post is dedicated the concept of creating a personal learning environment (PLE). As we move farther away from hard copy anything (though I'll never give up real post-its!), the world of digital binders seems to be a necessity. I am a beginner in the world of technology. The more I travel in this virtual world, the more I realize the vastness of the information and tools available to me. A grounding platform is essential. My current Full Sail graduate course, Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture, truly speaks to the necessity of a new language of collaboration. For me, this is a new way of thinking and a new way of sustaining a presence in a previously unknown environment. When I compare my PLE to others, it looks unsophisticated, and so it should. As I grow personally in this environment, the scenery will change. I'll find more useful gadgets that suit my personal needs and more efficient means for organizing my digital binder. This is definitely a work in progress!



1 comment:

  1. Lori, great job learning your way around iGoogle! It is definitely time consuming getting it all set up and I agree that it is an ongoing process. I love that you put sticky notes and to do list gadgets on your resource page. I almost put them on mine too. One thing I realized while setting up my page is that I will need a lot of tabs in order to really organize my life. Initially I had so many gadgets on my home page it was a mess. I look forward to following your blog!
    Blessings,
    Cyndee

    ReplyDelete