Saturday, October 8, 2011

PE3_imovie

With this final installment of imovie blog posts I wanted to play around with some elements within imovie that would be fun and useful for future productions. The imovie feature that I chose to use was the blue screen effect. I grabbed some blue butcher paper and created a very rough blue background in my classroom. I left some defects in the background to see how they would show up. Initially, my plan was to film with the blue screen background and then find another location to film based on what I came up with at school. Well...you'll see what I came up with at school and understand why I ended up choosing a still shot to lay my blue screen over! This was also a learning experience because I had to figure out how to extend the length of a still. Once again, imovie made that super easy. Just as the instructor mentions on the lynda.com tutorial, the blue/green screen effect can be choppy and difficult to edit. You will see evidence of that for sure but I was still impressed. The other feature that I had never experimented with before was laying down music. In this case, I had to search the itunes store for just the right music. Once I had that, it was all click and drag from there. At one point, I did try to edit the music in garage band to get the perfect fit, but I got a little lost at that point so I just used what I had in imovie. I also was able to minimize the background noise from the classroom footage to a minimal distraction (there were 19 excited, wanna-be directors on set). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment