Friday, October 14, 2011

PE5_teacherweb


I have high expectations for a classroom web site. I want it all…and I want it for free! As it turns out, in the world of web sites you get what you pay for. That is not to say that you have to pay a lot but the free sites are limiting. While a free site may be a great starter to see what a class site has to offer, I wanted something more and I found it at teacherweb.com. Teacherweb is reasonably priced with an annual fee and they do offer a free trial. Having used a free site for a while though, I knew I was ready to invest. Teacherweb had everything I was looking for. It is easy to interact with and has lots of templates & designs to choose from. It’s very easy to upload large files, which was a big problem with the free site. I love that teacherweb helps me to create a classroom community that extends beyond the classroom. It is so easy to send out class updates to parents and students and share what we are learning about in class. The site templates look very clean and fun, yet professional. They have graphic selections for elementary, middle school and high school teachers but you can choose as you like. You can also change the look of your site as often as you like. If I want to change the look of my site throughout the year, those changes are just a click away. Lot’s of choices and great functionality make teacherweb.com a top contender among classroom website platforms.     

No comments:

Post a Comment