Friday, May 4, 2012

MAC Week One Leadership Blog Post: To Publish or Present?



I am inclined to publish. I think working through my research in prose and going through the process of examining my Action Research from a big picture perspective, would bring the whole experience full circle. I have been very caught up in the small steps up to now so I think that being given an opportunity to publish would force me to examine and reflect upon my research in a way that would be beneficial for me academically. I have some presentation experience but I’ve never been challenged to publish any scholarly work, so that’s what I’m leaning toward.
If I’m not mistaken, presentations can also later be submitted for publication so maybe with a presentation I would have both options available?  Another consideration for me is that I’m not sure if the nature of my research is contains enough quantitative data to be considered scholarly. Much of my data is qualitative and I wonder if that would not lend itself more easily to a presentation? So many questions... 
photo courtesy of thenextweb.com

3 comments:

  1. So... did you decide to publish. Or change your mind mid-paragraph. For this project, we want you to make one choice, but, of course, you are free to change your mind later. Most important part is to begin and see where the journey takes you.

    ReplyDelete