Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MAC Week 2 Reading Blog: The Art of Possibility



photo courtesy of starpolisher.com
I have actually read this book before. As I’m re-reading the book, it’s giving me an opportunity to reflect how this book (and a few others related to linguistic ontology) created an open space in my life for me hold questions with no answers needed and to think so radically outside of my “measurement” box that I actually considered pursing a graduate program in Educational Media Design and Technology! How serendipitous that as this journey is coming to a close, I am being taken back to the year of contemplation that led me to this program. I had a dream to create an educational coaching practice that could help kids to become their best selves in their respective educational environments. I even took a year off of teaching to invest time and energy into this idea and I wasn’t even exactly sure what it was. So that is how my company One Life Learning was born. From there, I was drawn to the opportunity that Full Sail offered of gaining a skill set that would allow me to market this dream, to place it in a relevant context. And here I am. So when Zander & Zander refer to “inventing a framework”, “set the context and let life unfold”, “give yourself an A” and “ declaring yourself a contribution” they are reading my mail! What a joy it is to re-read this book on this side of a long transitional journey…full of possibilities. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you'd almost think that there was some plan... Wonderful to hear how you acted on your inspiration and passion. I'm glad that we were included in the journey. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete